Life, as a great philosopher once sang, is a rollercoaster; one moment you're up, the next you're down (and there's a fair amount of screaming and feeling sick in between). For most of us normal un-famous folks we get through the down times by eating a whole packet of Party Rings in one sitting and getting a bit misty eyed watching Babe: Pig In The City.
But if, for example, you're a former Mouseketeer-turned-sex-siren, you're more likely to hack off your hair, throw away your knickers, swallow horse medicine and find yourself strapped to a stretcher in front of the world's paparazzi, as the man you married in haste carries your children off for good. Mentioning no names.
So here's our special video tribute to popstar meltdowns (again, mentioning no names)...
1. The Corrs - Queen Of Hollywood
2. Airbourne - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
3. Phil Collins - Doesn't Anybody Stay Together Anymore
4. Wilco - I Must Be High
5. Gym Class Heroes - Clothes Off!!
6. Kylie Minogue - Kids
7. My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay
8. Tantric - Breakdown
9. The Flaming Lips - Mr. Ambulance Driver
10. David Gray - Hospital Food